The Equality Academy programme aims to be a new platform for political leadership and space for joint actions of representatives, leaders of political parties and civil society organizations. Third generation of the Equality Academy is intended for:
- Town/Municipality councilors of the Counciles/Committees in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Heads of municipalities in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- City mayors in Bosnia and Herzegovina and
- Members of political parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina, who are interested in strengthening of individual capacities and working on identification and implementation of concrete solutions that will improve gender equality and position of unchartered groups in their local community and our society.
Equality Academy 2017 is consisted of three modules (april-june 2017). First module, Gender Equality Policies was held in Sarajevo from 21-23. April 2017. More about this module you can find out here. Second module of the Equality Academy “Feminism for everyone” was held from 26-28. Of May 2017. More about this module you can find out here. Third module of the Equality Academy Through the local policies to the equality was held from 16-18. Of May. It was consisted from lectures, workshops.
Following issues were discussed on the third module of the Equality Academy 2017:
– Lectures: Gender responsibile local policies for reaching gender equality regarding the sports, work, culture, education;
– Lectures+workshop: Gender responsible budgeting;
– Lectures+workshop: Creating a plan, measures and activities for integration of gender equality principles on local level in every workfield:
– Workshop: Presentation skills
Lecturers on this module were: Azir Mrđanović, gender equality expert; Elmaja Bavčić, feminist, activist and Gender studies MA; Faruk Hujić, finances and gender budgeting expert and; Duška Jurišić, journalist.
Goals of the Equality Academy are strengthening the capacities of political leaders in gender equality area and equality policies of underprivileged groups in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in order to enhance rights of citizens in Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as strengthening the cooperation between decision makers and representatives of civil society organizations in BiH.
The programme of the third module of the Equality Academy is available here.