Sarajevo Open Centre as part of its program of work has been devoted to the advocacy of new public policies and the implementation of existing ones. Our work focuses on rights of LGBT person and women’s rights, but additionally we work on different human rights and general issues of importance to women and LGBT people.
As part of our advocacy work on the rights of LGBT persons in the period from 2015 to 2017 we will focus on:
- Monitoring the rights of LGBT persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Reporting on the rights of LGBT person, through Pink Report – Annual Report on the Rights of LGBT Persons, and the submissions and reports by domestic institutions and international bodies (ia EU Progress Report, the CEDAW, UPR);
- legal regulation of the hate crimes and hate speech, and comprehensive introduction of the judiciary and the police on the same;
- combating discrimination against LGBT people, through changes to existing policies and legislation, the adoption of new and their implementation;
- legislation and bylaw the access of the rights of trans* persons;
- legislation and bylaw the rights and obligations arising from the cohabitation of two people of the same sex (life partnership).
Gender Reassignment and Legal Gender Recognition – Key Issues in Bosnia and Herzegovina (POLICY BRIEF)
This policy document aims to identify key issues in the domain of legal gender recognition in the regulations and practices of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Issues that transgender...
Guide for the Institutionalization of Inclusive and Affirming Health Care for Transgender and Gender Variant Persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The aim of the guide is from the aspect of human rights and medical knowledge to offer clearly defined steps to the health department in Bosnia and Herzegovina to improve the...
Community Health Centre Physicians Attended Our Training on the Medical Aspects of Trans-inclusive Healthcare
On April 13, Sarajevo hosted a training for family medicine specialists from Sarajevo and Tuzla Cantons on the medical aspects of transgender healthcare. The lecturers were...
LGBTI People in Herzegovina-Neretva Canton Have Also Been Assigned a Contact Person in the Prosecutor’s Office for Cases of Hate Crimes Against LGBTI People
Great progress was made in the work with the judiciary in just a few months. Following the Una- Sana Canton, a contact person in the Cantonal Prosecutor’s Office of...
A Contact Person for Cases of Hate Crimes Against LGBTI People Has Been Appointed in the Cantonal Prosecutor’s Office of Una-Sana Canton
Our efforts to sensitise the judiciary and educate legal experts on the rights of LGBTI people have resulted in the appointment of another contact person in the prosecutor’s...
Preparations for Proposing Public Policies to Improve Transgender Health Care in BiH
On June 10 and 11, 2022, the Sarajevo Open Centre and a transgender advocacy group with their parents held a working meeting in Sarajevo with health care institutions in Bosnia...