Sarajevo Open Centre as part of its program of work has been devoted to the advocacy of new public policies and the implementation of existing ones. Our work focuses on rights of LGBT person and women’s rights, but additionally we work on different human rights and general issues of importance to women and LGBT people.
As part of our advocacy work on the rights of LGBT persons in the period from 2015 to 2017 we will focus on:
- Monitoring the rights of LGBT persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Reporting on the rights of LGBT person, through Pink Report – Annual Report on the Rights of LGBT Persons, and the submissions and reports by domestic institutions and international bodies (ia EU Progress Report, the CEDAW, UPR);
- legal regulation of the hate crimes and hate speech, and comprehensive introduction of the judiciary and the police on the same;
- combating discrimination against LGBT people, through changes to existing policies and legislation, the adoption of new and their implementation;
- legislation and bylaw the access of the rights of trans* persons;
- legislation and bylaw the rights and obligations arising from the cohabitation of two people of the same sex (life partnership).
Bodies that Transcend the Binary 2: Research on human rights of intersex children in the healthcare system of Bosnia and Herzegovina
We present a report that analyzes the rights of intersex children in the healthcare system of Bosnia and Herzegovina. At the beginning, a brief overview of the previous research...
Between the Sexes and Reality: Handbook for Medical and Healthcare Professionals on the Treatment of Intersex Persons
The handbook in front of you was created by the joint efforts and work of authors from BiH, Serbia and Croatia and deals with three aspects of the position and treatment of...
Between the Sexes and Reality: A Campaign to Raise Awareness About Intersex Persons / Conditions
We are launching a campaign to raise awareness about intersex people / conditions, with a special focus on Bosnia and Herzegovina, by presenting the results of research on the...
Meeting with UCC of Republika Srpska: On possibilities of gender reassignment in B&H
In order to present to the doctors of relevant medical fields of the leading medical institution in Republika Srpska, the topic of medical gender reassignment in B&H, human rights...
Training for BH endocrinologists: regarding the medical aspects of gender reassignment
One of these trainings, titled “Medical aspects of gender reassignment: Regarding adequate, trans-specific and inclusive services and support for trans persons in the process of...
BH urologists and gynaecologists at the training on human rights and needs of trans persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina
This half-day training gathered around 10 medical experts from the public health institutions - clinical centres, hospitals and health care institutes from Sarajevo, Tuzla,...