The Equality Academy programme aims to be a new platform for political leadership and space for joint actions of representatives, leaders of political parties and civil society organizations. Third generation of the Equality Academy is intended for:
- Town/Municipality councilors of the Counciles/Committees in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Heads of municipalities in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- City mayors in Bosnia and Herzegovina and
- Members of political parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina, who are interested in strengthening of individual capacities and working on identification and implementation of concrete solutions that will improve gender equality and position of unchartered groups in their local community and our society.
Equality Academy 2017 is consisted of three modules (april-june 2017). First module, Gender Equality Policies was held in Sarajevo from 21-23. April 2017. More about this module you can find out here. Second module of the Equality Academy “Feminism for everyone” was held from 26-28. Of May 2017. It was consisted from lectures, workshops and meetings with civil society representatives.
Following issues were discussed on the second module of the Equality Academy 2017:
– What is feminism and why it is important today?
– Human rights of LGBTI people
– Patriarchal models: women, mother queen
– How can feminist principles be translated into concrete public policies at the local level?
– The role of men in reaching true gender equality
Within this module the workshop regarding the mapping of the concreete act fields on local level was held. Withing human library which was held participants had the opportunity o discuss with lesbian, gey and bisexual women.
Lecturers on this module were: Aida Spahić, feminist, activist and MA of gender studies; Adnan Kadribašić, the expert for gender equality and antidiscrimination policies; Vladana Vsić, Advocacy Manager, Sarajevo Open Centre; Karolina Leaković, SDP Croatia. The workshop was facilitated by Lejla Somun.
Goals of the Equality Academy are strengthening the capacities of political leaders in gender equality area and equality policies of underprivileged groups in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in order to enhance rights of citizens in Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as strengthening the cooperation between decision makers and representatives of civil society organizations in BiH.
The programme of the second module of the Equality Academy is available here.