Sarajevo Open Centre as part of its program of work has been devoted to the advocacy of new public policies and the implementation of existing ones. Our work focuses on rights of LGBT person and women’s rights, but additionally we work on different human rights and general issues of importance to women and LGBT people.
As part of our advocacy work on the rights of LGBT persons in the period from 2015 to 2017 we will focus on:
- Monitoring the rights of LGBT persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Reporting on the rights of LGBT person, through Pink Report – Annual Report on the Rights of LGBT Persons, and the submissions and reports by domestic institutions and international bodies (ia EU Progress Report, the CEDAW, UPR);
- legal regulation of the hate crimes and hate speech, and comprehensive introduction of the judiciary and the police on the same;
- combating discrimination against LGBT people, through changes to existing policies and legislation, the adoption of new and their implementation;
- legislation and bylaw the access of the rights of trans* persons;
- legislation and bylaw the rights and obligations arising from the cohabitation of two people of the same sex (life partnership).
There is need to additionally educate psychologists and psychiatrists on human rights and needs of trans persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina
In scope of the program for marking 16 Days of Activism, Sarajevo Open Centre (SOC), on 3 December 2018 in Sarajevo, held the training for psychologists and psychiatrists named...
LGBTI persons, returnees and Roma people educated on hate crime
Sarajevo Open Centre is implementing a project “Protecting Affected Communities: Improving the implementation of hate crime regulation in Bosnia and Herzegovina “. The project...
Canton Sarajevo Ministry of Interior and Prosecutor’s Office together in combating hate crimes
Sarajevo Open Centre, with the financial support of the Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Netherlands to the OSCE in Vienna, in cooperation with OSCE in BiH, on 18 and 19...
Government of FBiH adopted the conslusion to work on the same-sex partnership law
PRESS RELEASE Sarajevo Open Centre: We are ready to help the FBiH government respond to the demands of same-sex couples Sarajevo Open Centre (SOC) greets the efforts of the...
The manual for medical and healthcare professionals on providing services and support to trans persons in the transition process presented in Sarajevo
In September, Sarajevo Open Centre published the publication for medical professionals and healthcare workers on providing services and support to trans persons in the transition...
Cost Assessment of Gender Reassignment: Recommendations for Improving the Legal and Medical Approach to Transgender Persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina
We publish the policy paper from the Human Rights Papers Edition - "Cost Assessment of Gender Reassignment: Recommendations for Improving the Legal and Medical Approach to...