Sarajevo Open Centre (SOC), a non-governmental organization advocating for the human rights and decreasing the level of discrimination of lesbians, gays, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons invites young, creative and dynamic persons of all sexes, genders, sexual orientations and gender identities, persons who are students or are not studying, those who have finished their studies, and who fluently speak Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian language to gain work experience, interesting acquaintances and new skills and to contribute to the work of SOC.
We are looking for volunteers to:
– set up, organize and lead gatherings for the LGBT community (creative workshops, empowerment workshops, street actions, etc);
– writing, proof reading, and editing of texts for the web portal lgbt-prava.ba, and IT maintenance of the portal (knowledge of WordPress required);
– analysis of the print and electronic media on LGBT persons and topics;
– set up and implement research on the state of human rights of LGBT persons in BH society (possible topics are: homophobia in schools; political parties and LGBT; health and LGBT; internalized homophobia; theoretical research, etc);
– plan and organize advocacy and education activities on the topic of the rights of LGBT persons;
– work on the maintenance of our library (catalogisation of the books etc);
– document LGBT human rights violations as a basis for successful advocacy and lobbying;
– promote of our events in other BH towns;
– your other creative ideas for working on the rights of LGBT persons!
Volunteers can be persons over the age of 18. Volunteering engagement should start at the end of August or at the beginning of September of 2013 and last for at least 2 months. Details about the volunteer engagement will be discussed on the interviews. Volunteers will receive a certificate for their engagement and during the volunteer engagement; they will participate in all of our activities.
If you are interested in joining the team of Sarajevo Open Centre to work on the empowerment of LGBT persons through the activities in the community, promotion of human rights in the society and advocacy for change of policies, fill out the form and send together you’re your short bio to [email protected] The deadline for sending your application is June 30, 2013.