Sarajevo Open Centre (SOC), a non-governmental organization advocating for the human rights and decreasing the level of discrimination of lesbians, gays, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons and women, invites young, creative and dynamic persons of all sexes, genders, sexual orientations and gender identities, persons who are students or are not studying, those who have finished their studies, and who fluently speak Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian language to gain work experience, interesting acquaintances and new skills and to contribute to the work of SOC.
We are looking for volunteers to:
- monitor and advocate for the rights of LGBT persons and women’s rights;
- monitor media reporting on LGBT persons and the women’s rights;
- writing articles for web portal lgbt-prava.ba
- research related to the rights of LGBT persons and women’s rights;
- work with LGBT persons (gatherings, workshops, etc);
- your other creative ideas for working on the rights of LGBT persons!
Volunteers can be persons over the age of 18. Details about the volunteer engagement will be discussed apon your inquiry. Volunteers will receive a certificate for their engagement and during the volunteer engagement they will participate in all of our activities.
If you are interested in joining the team of Sarajevo Open Centre to work on the empowerment of LGBT persons and women through the activities in the community, promotion of human rights in the society and advocacy for change of policies, fill out the form and send it with your short bio to [email protected]