Terms of Reference
for the final evaluation of the Project
„Regionalising LGBTI inclusive psychosocial support and access to mental health services in Bosnia and Herzegovina“
Title: Consultant – Final evaluation of the Project
Duration of the project that needs to be evaluated: two years (1.1.2021-31.12.2022.)
Duration of the engagement: 10 December 2022 – 20 January 2023
Size of the project budget: EUR 200.000,00
Project „Regionalising LGBTI inclusive psychosocial support and access to mental health services in Bosnia and Herzegovina“ has been implemented in the period 1.1.2021 – 31.12.2022 by Sarajevo Open Centre together with partner organization Wings of Hope Foundation. This Project has been funded by the European Union and implemented mainly in Sarajevo, Tuzla, Zenica, Mostar, Prijedor and Bijeljina.
The overall goal of the Project is to create social environment in which LGBTI people are encouraged and supported to access mental health care systems which provide inclusive and sensitized services.
Specific objectives include strengthening and widening the institutional and CSO network of psycho-social support for LGBTI persons in BiH, as well as raising awareness on the importance of mental health care among the LGBTI community and general population in BiH.
Purpose and objectives of the final Project evaluation
The purpose of the final project evaluation is to assess the overall Project’s relevance, quality performance, management and achievement of results/outcomes. Furthermore, based on overall findings related to the Project implementation and considering the country context, make strategic recommendations towards potential directions and forward-looking projects.
Key questions shall be:
- How is this Project to be assessed, what are its results/outcomes and outputs and what is the impact of the Project against its objectives?
- Are the Project’s objectives, outcomes and outputs appropriate and strategic to the needs of the country and its beneficiaries?
- Were the Project`s actions achieving the outputs quality, effective and efficient?
- What are the positive or negative, intended or unintended, changes and challenges brought about by the Project’s interventions?
- To what extent are the results sustainable? Will the outputs lead to potential actions beyond the lifespan of the Project?
- What are the key lessons and practical recommendations for follow-up actions?
The evaluator should carry out the following activities:
- Conduct desk review of Project’s documents, including official Project documents, reports and other data;
- Conduct in depth interviews/internal workshop with the Project management and coordination team and partners;
- Conduct in depth interviews with selected relevant stakeholders, partners, target groups and beneficiaries;
- Use other methodology guidelines suggested by the EU
Outputs and timeframe
The consultant will provide an evaluation report in English language of maximum 30 pages including executive summary of key findings, conclusions and corresponding recommendations concerning the outcomes, the methods, and the implementation of the Project.
In order to produce the requested evaluation, the evaluator shall conduct the following:
- Desk study – Review of secondary sources: Review all important available information of the Project during the evaluation period (2021-2022); Review all of the relevant data related to the impacts of the Project based on existing information
- Interviews/surveys and/or focus group discussions with / participatory methods including:
- Project Lead, Project Coordinator and project staff of Sarajevo Open Centre and the Wings of Hope Foundation
- Partners / beneficiaries / target groups / external stakeholders
- Provide the final report to Sarajevo Open Centre.
- Relevant University degree preferred;
- Understanding LGBTI issues in BiH context;
- Solid understanding of the existing legal, institutional and administrative set up in Bosnia and Herzegovina linked to LGBTI issues, mental health and social protection systems;
- Understanding the framework and activity of civil society organisations in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Extensive project/programme monitoring and evaluation experience in the field of LGBTI human rights;
- Fully conversant with the principles and working methods of project cycle management;
- Full working knowledge of English and B/C/S languages, and excellent report writing skills
Applications must be sent in English consisting the following:
- Evaluation proposal including described working methodology
- Financial offer – evaluator’s budget
Deadline for applications is 8th December 2022. All applications should be sent to e-mail address [email protected].