Sarajevo Open Centre as part of its program of work has been devoted to the advocacy of new public policies and the implementation of existing ones. Our work focuses on rights of LGBT person and women’s rights, but additionally we work on different human rights and general issues of importance to women and LGBT people.
As part of our advocacy work on the rights of LGBT persons in the period from 2015 to 2017 we will focus on:
- Monitoring the rights of LGBT persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Reporting on the rights of LGBT person, through Pink Report – Annual Report on the Rights of LGBT Persons, and the submissions and reports by domestic institutions and international bodies (ia EU Progress Report, the CEDAW, UPR);
- legal regulation of the hate crimes and hate speech, and comprehensive introduction of the judiciary and the police on the same;
- combating discrimination against LGBT people, through changes to existing policies and legislation, the adoption of new and their implementation;
- legislation and bylaw the access of the rights of trans* persons;
- legislation and bylaw the rights and obligations arising from the cohabitation of two people of the same sex (life partnership).
Pink report 2017: Freedom Of Assembly And Association
In the fallowing period we will publish articles from our Annual Report on the State of Human Rights of LGBTI People in Bosnia and Herzegovina Legal Framework The right to freedom...
Police of the Canton Sarajevo Ministry of Interior: “We realized what are the key issues LGBTI persons face”
Having in mind the expansion of violence and hate crimes against LGBTI persons, we consider the education of police officers on human rights of LGBTI persons to be crucial. Police...
Module on hate crime in the permanent education of Zeničko-Dobojski and Tuzlanski Canton Ministry of Interior
The Zeničko-Dobojski Canton MoI officially informed us that in the period from 27 September - 14 November 2017 all the police officers will go through the education on hate...
Tuzla Canton’s Ministry of Internal Affairs denied processing a name change application to a transgender person
In August 2017, Ministry of Internal Affairs in Canton Tuzla refused to process an appeal, filed by a transgender person, to change a personal name that is not in accordance with...
Pink report 2017: Equality And Combating Discrimination
In the fallowing period we will publish articles from our Annual Report on the State of Human Rights of LGBTI People in Bosnia and Herzegovina Legal Framework Art. 2 of the...
Pink report 2017: On-Going Practice Of Human Rights Violations
In the following period we will publish articles from our Annual Report on the State of Human Rights of LGBTI People in Bosnia and Herzegovina Failure to Prosecute the Attack on...