Sarajevo Open Centre as part of its program of work has been devoted to the advocacy of new public policies and the implementation of existing ones. Our work focuses on rights of LGBT person and women’s rights, but additionally we work on different human rights and general issues of importance to women and LGBT people.
As part of our advocacy work on the rights of LGBT persons in the period from 2015 to 2017 we will focus on:
- Monitoring the rights of LGBT persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Reporting on the rights of LGBT person, through Pink Report – Annual Report on the Rights of LGBT Persons, and the submissions and reports by domestic institutions and international bodies (ia EU Progress Report, the CEDAW, UPR);
- legal regulation of the hate crimes and hate speech, and comprehensive introduction of the judiciary and the police on the same;
- combating discrimination against LGBT people, through changes to existing policies and legislation, the adoption of new and their implementation;
- legislation and bylaw the access of the rights of trans* persons;
- legislation and bylaw the rights and obligations arising from the cohabitation of two people of the same sex (life partnership).
Trans and Bosnian-Herzegovinian
For the first time in history of Bosnia and Herzegovina, transgender rights were discussed in the Parliament of Bosnia and Herzegovina on May 17th, 2017. I talked, from personal...
Train the Trainer programme for the Police of the Federation of BiH has turned out very productive
These days we are in contact with all the Cantonal MoI’s, in order to see how things are progressing. The information we have is that some of the MoI’s have already...
International conference It is Time for EQUALITY: Intersex people – Legal Overcoming of the Gender Binary, 22nd February 2017
Panel discussion that closed the conference It is Time for EQUALITY was named Intersex Persons – Legal Overcoming of the Gender Binary. The panelists were Darko Pandurević...
International conference It is Time for EQUALITY: Regulation of same-sex partnerships in conservative societies, 22nd of February, 2017.
Regulation of same-sex partnerships in conservative societies was the topic of first panel discussion and the panelists were Gordan Bosanac (Center for Peace Studies, Croatia),...
AI: In BiH discrimination of Roma people and LGBT community continues
Besides the adoption of advanced anti-discrimination legal framework, the vulnerable groups/minorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina are still the target of discrimination, according...
Coalition for the fight against hate speech and hate crimes: Homophobia and transphobia have no limits – yesterday Zagreb, today Sarajevo
The Coalition for the fight against hate speech and hate crimes strongly condemns the homophobic attack on UDIK activists, and warns that the practice of not processing the...