Through Equality Academy programme, Friedrich Ebert Foundation and Sarajevo Open Centre are trying to make a new platform for political leadership and space for joint actions of representatives, leaders of political parties and civil society organizations.
Goals of Equality Academy are:
- Strengthening the capacities of political leaders in gender equality area and equality policies of underprivileged groups in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in order to enhance rights of citizens in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Strengthening the cooperation between decision makers and representatives of civil society organizations in BiH.
Equality Academy is intended for:
- Representatives of Parliaments in cantonal, entity and state level;
- Members of party organs of parliament parties;
- Advisors of political leaders and Ministers in cantonal, entity or state level, who are interested in strengthening their capacities and in identification and implementation of concrete solutions in order to improve gender equality and position of underprivileged groups in our society.
Structure of Equality Academy:
Every generation of the Equality Academy has an opportunity to participate on the educative program which is consisted from four modules. One of this modules is a study visit in Zagreb. Modules are consisted from lectures, workshops, discussions and meetings with representatives from civil society organizations. Lecturers have political practice backgrounds, and are members of international organizations and NGO organizations from BiH and region, gender equality bodies, but they also come from academic community and the media.
The Equality Academy is a project realized in partner cooperation of Friedrich Ebert Foundation and Sarajevo Open Centre, and supported by Swedish International Development and Cooperation Agency.